The use of social networks is rapidly increasing among people. Which snap chat has made a special place among youngsters. The social media application Snapchat provides various features to the users such as chatting, texting, calling, video calling, so many snap chat filters according to the occasion and updates, along with a streak feature too.
If you are a keen Snapchatter and wish to increase your Snapchat score, then this article is for you. Earn those bragging rights among your friends by learning these 4 effective methods to quickly increase your Snap score on the Snapchat app. You can also learn to recover from the lost Snapchat streak.
What is Snapchat Score?
Everyone has a Snapchat score, but not everyone knows what its purpose of it is. There’s not actually this huge underlying purpose to your Snapchat score, it’s really just an arbitrary number that increases with the more snaps you send. There’s no actual value to it.
Now, what it does tell you, is how active a person is on Snapchat. Large Snapchat scores usually indicate that the user is on Snapchat quite a bit, and also sends a significant amount of snaps to his or her friends. Seriously — besides that — there’s really no other rhyme or reason to a user’s Snapchat score, other than measuring their activity level. It’s an arbitrary number that you can have fun increasing by sending and opening snaps — you might even be able to make a game out of it with your friends by trying to beat their score.
According to the official Snapchat website, you will gain a profile point if you:
- Stories you post
- Number of snaps you receive
- Number of snaps you send
You get a point for sending and receiving a snap, but no points for just sending a message. You also get a point if you post a snap to your story, but there are no points for watching someone else’s story.
How Does The Snapchat Score Works?
There is no other easy way to build your Snapchat score by being active on the application for a long time. Your Snapchat score will become higher as much as you send streaks to your friends. The number of streaks and the number of users both matter, for increasing your snap score. Along with when you update a story on your Snapchat it will also give a boost in your snap score. The more time you give to Snapchat in sharing and receiving streaks and updating stories, the more boost you can see in your snap score.
For that, first, visit to play store for android and the app store for IOS and download Snapchat from there. You can make updates if already been installed.
How to check your Snapchat score?
Your Snap Score is right on your Snapchat profile page. You can check your Snap Score anytime you want, and so can your mutual friends. Here’s how to check your Snap Score in the Snapchat app on Android or iPhone.
- Open Snapchat and tap the profile icon or Bitmoji in the top-left corner.
- The number below your profile name and Snapcode is your Snapchat score. Tap the Snapcore to see the total number of Snaps you’ve sent and received so far.
Effective hacks to increase Snap score faster on Snapchat
The key to boosting your Snap Score is to engage in more one-on-one interactions with other Snapchat users. Here are some pointers to help increase your Snapchat score:
- Sending and Receiving Snaps: The more Snaps (i.e., pictures and videos) you send and receive from friends, the faster your Snapchat score increases. So, keeping up Snapchat streaks with your best friends will increase the Snapchat numbers on your profiles tremendously.
- Share and View Stories Regularly: Stories (including private Snapchat Stories) you share and view also influence your Snap Score. Post more stories, view your friends’ Stories, and watch your Snapchat score skyrocket.
- Watch More Discover Videos: Viewing random videos from creators, publishers, and community members in the Discover section can also contribute immensely to your Snapchat score.
- Send Snaps to Multiple People at Once: Each snap that you send on the Snapchat app contributes to a point in your profile score. If you send a single snap at a time to multiple people simultaneously, you will instantly earn multiple points. Repeating this process frequently will help you to gain a higher snap score on the app.The more you interact with other Snapchat users, the faster your Snap Score increases. Note that exchanging direct messages has no direct influence on your Snapchat score.
These are the core elements that count towards the growth of your Snap Score. We cannot tell if they equally influence your Snapchat score or if one element holds more weight over another. Only Snapchat knows how it calculates users’ Snap Score using its “super-secret, special equation” scoring algorithm.
Can You Lose Snap Score Points?
Basically, you cannot lose Snapchat scores. So, if you don’t use the app for some days or weeks, your Snap Score will only stagnate—you won’t lose any points. However, it’s worth noting that there are rare instances when Snap Scores decline. This could be due to software bugs or glitches in the Snapchat app.
If your Snap Score drops by some points, head to your device’s app store and updates Snapchat to the latest version. That should fix the issue. Otherwise, use the Report a problem form in the Snapchat app to file a complaint.
Summarily, Snap Scores are points you earn for engaging other Snapchat users and using the app more frequently. Think of it as a gamification technique. Previously, a high Snap Score will unlock Snapchat Trophies—celebratory emojis for special milestones. However, Snapchat Trophies are now defunct, so there are really no functional or practical benefits to accruing Snapchat scores.
Also, beware of third-party apps or websites that claim to sell or boost Snapchat scores. It’s a total waste of money because they cannot genuinely boost your Snap Score. Besides, doing so could get your Snapchat account locked or banned. The genuine and faster way to increase your Snap Score is to increase interactions with your friends and Snapchat more frequently.