On the list of wacky social apps that teens totally get but leave parents scratching their heads: Discord, Chat for Gamers. Compared with the bright and friendly feeling of kid faves like Snapchat and Instagram, Discord mixes low-key design with high-tech features. Initially created for gamers to talk while they’re playing, Discord has morphed into a place for anyone to explore their interests in subject-specific groups. It’s a popular way for kids to chat with friends while playing Fortnite, Minecraft, or Among Us.
What is Discord?
Discord is just a communication app that’s basically a hybrid between a chat room and Skype. It was originally designed to be used by gamers to collaborate without taking too much processing power away from the game. Its design is simple and slim, yet has powerful tools for customization. is a free app for mobile and PC that lets people chat via text, voice, or video in real-time. Combining the internet-calling features of Skype with Reddit-like discussion boards, it’s broadened from gamers-only to a social networking site for communities of all types, including those with non-gaming interests like anime, TV series, music, and more. It can also be an easy-to-use group-chatting tool for friends.
If you’re familiar with Slack, you can think of it as a less formal version of that app. Servers are filled with text channels where a user can type to talk to other people, and voice channels where a user can voice-chat with others. Also, a user can share videos, images, internet links, music, and more. Each server usually has multiple channels, each of which is dedicated to a different topic or has different rules.
For example, a user might have one channel to talk about a game, another for general chatting, and another for pictures of cats. The possibilities are endless. Starting own server is free, as is joining other servers.
There are thousands of different Discord servers, each one dedicated to a different topic. If a user has an interest in something, there’s a good chance he can find a Discord server for it. This is especially true for video games, which make up the bulk of Discord’s most popular servers. Also, while chatting, users can use commands like “/giphy” or “/spoiler” to do things like add a GIF to your message or mark your message as a spoiler.
If you want to grow your server on Discord, then it’s important to find ways to help your profile and server stand out and look great.
Wondering how to create your own Discord server banner? Here’s the solution to the question.
Discord banner is the image that appears above your verified server’s listing. Banners on Discord are also a perk of the platform’s paid Nitro membership. Users who opt-in to the upgraded membership have the option of adding a banner to their profile. When you search Discord for public servers, you’ll see a list of available servers, complete with banner images.
Banners in Discord can create a powerful first impression for users looking to join new and exciting channels. Attention-grabbing banners capture user attention and make them want to know more about your server. They’re also a great chance to show people what you’re all about and help them decide whether your content is going to be right for them. It’s also a quick way for users to identify whose channel they’re visiting.
Related article, Highest Snap Score – Snapchat 2022
Different factors considered for the Discord banner
Discord recommends a profile banner size of 600 x 240 pixels. Its supported file types are PNG, JFG, or GIF, and the banner file must be under 10 MB. The aspect ratio needed to make your server banner is extremely common: 16.9. However, there are some additional things to consider when cropping and resizing your banner image to have the best dimensions. Also, the image must have dimensions of at least 960×540, which is a bit larger than many of your 16:9 images. For extra crisp quality, it is recommended to use a slightly larger 16:9 aspect ratio, like 1920×1080 or even 2560×1440.
2. Make sure important parts in the vision
Discord’s size zone recommends you to have 28% of the critical part of the banner on the top of the banner. The part covered with text contains only about the top 22% of the image. For example, if you have a 960×540 banner, you must keep text and other parts of the image below the top 120 pixels.
3. Setting the banner image
Adding a banner image to your Discord server is pretty intuitive, once your server has been boosted enough to reach level 2. Just open your server dropdown menu and click on Server Settings, then select Upload Background. Once you have got enough boosts on your server, uploading the Banner image is an easy task:
- Open server dropdown and go to server settings.
- Select” upload background “and choose the Banner image from files to upload it as a banner.
About Discord Nitro
Discord Nitro is the paid membership service of the popular gaming chat service. With an active subscription, users get enticing perks to make themselves stand out on the platform and level up their favorite servers. You get a variety of features with Discord Nitro, including animated emojis, HD video streaming, server boosts, and more. It is available in two tiers — Nitro and Nitro Classic. Discord Nitro costs $9.99 per month and $99.99 per year. On the other hand, Nitro Classic is priced at $4.99 per month and $49.99 per year.
Discord Nitro exhibits eminent features such as :
- Boosting a Discord server helps unlock additional perks such as more emoji slots, better audio quality, server banner, and more. Each Nitro subscription comes bundled with 2 server boosts that you can use on any server of your choice.
- The option to use animated profile pictures is a key reason why most users consider subscribing to a Nitro membership. To be specific, you will be able to set GIFs as your avatar, thanks to Discord Nitro. If you have a video you would like to flaunt on Discord, you can use any of the best GIF maker apps to convert your video to GIF and set it as your Discord profile picture.
- Nitro subscribers can use animated emojis in servers and direct messages, as opposed to static ones available for free users. Another benefit is the platform-wide availability of emojis.
- Server profiles could set custom profile pictures that better reflect your personality and the theme of the server. Users without a Discord Nitro subscription will continue to have the option to set server-specific nicknames, though.
- Subscribers have the option to stream 1080p videos at 60fps, which is convenient for streaming games or watching YouTube videos with friends on Discord.
Also, read How To Find People On OnlyFans
How to subscribe to Discord Nitro?
Users can choose between annual or monthly subscription plans. And if you pick a yearly subscription plan, you’ll get a 16% discount. There are two Discord Nitro variants are Nitro Classic and Nitro.
The Nitro classic subscription service costs $4.99 on the monthly plan or $49.99 annually. This variant is comparatively cheaper than the Nitro and provides stripped-down features. On the other hand, the Nitro subscription service costs $99.99 on the yearly plan and $9.99 on the monthly. It offers many features to its users.
Steps to subscribe
- On Mac/PC
- Click the ‘settings’ icon at the bottom of your screen
- Once your settings menu appear, click Discord Nitro
- Press the subscribe button below Discord Nitro to subscribe to either of the two variants you choose
- If you want to gift a paid subscription plan to some other user on Discord, click gift next to the ‘subscribe’ button.
- Via Mobile Apps
- Tap on the hamburger menu on the top-left of the application.
- As the menu appears, tap the user icon and then tap Subscribe Today from the various options listed below the settings category.
- Brief info on the subscription plan will appear. Once read, tap subscribes button below Discord Nitro Classic or Discord Nitro.
- Now, follow the directions to confirm the payment. The moment it gets approved, the subscription is activated.
Discord is a powerful tool to help you grow your community and build your brand. To create a successful Discord server banner, you’ll want to make a design that is free of any text, with a simple image that’s easy to make out, which doesn’t contain any logos or text. With the right image for your Discord banner, you’ll attract more users to your server and grow your online presence.